Sunday, August 25, 2019

Queen of the Dead

Hi crafty friends!  Leigh Ann here for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts today!  I absolutely love creating papercrafts for Halloween so I convinced myself that August is close enough!  For this project I have Ms. Skeleton coming out of her grungy Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts coffin to celebrate.



The coffin ships flat and comes pre-scored for easy assembly.  I used 450 Quick Dry glue to assemble mine. I also grabbed these Tim Holtz mini clips from my embellishment stash to help hold everything together while the glue dried.  They worked wonderfully!


I got a little excited during the assembly process and forgot to take pictures.  First I gave the entire coffin a coat of black gesso.  I then used a green distress crayon and water on the outside to give it a grungy mossy look.  I also used thickers to put RIP on the front of the coffin.  I put it on a cardboard base and glued moss all around the coffin.


I filled the inside of the coffin with moss as well.  I heat embossed two bats from the spooky shape set and attached them to wires coming out of the coffin to look as if they were being released with Ms. Skeleton raised the lid.  I put a Prima crown on her head and added some paper flowers and pumpkins as decorations.



I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and have a great weekend!  I used the following Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts products on this project:
6 Inch Coffin Box
Spooky Shape Set

2 comments:

  1. She's great, the queen of the dead rising from her coffin! Will you have her on display for halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Happy Halloween!! My favorite holiday!!

    ReplyDelete