I began by coating everything in gesso. This gave me nice white edges on the narrow, visible surfaces. It also gives a nice finished look to the inside of the project. Never just assume that those parts can't be seen. Always finish off every face.
Next, I traced the sides onto card stock, cut and glued in place. You can just glue on first, the cut, but I find it hard to get a nice clean edge that way using scissors. If you do prefer this method, use a craft knife to trim. Sometimes on projects like this, I like to sand the edges once glued to ensure a nice close finish on the edges.
Once the visible sides are all covered in paper, go ahead and assemble as shown. From there it was onto embellishing. I used some fussy cut florals as my base. Even though I knew I would cover a good amount of them, I wanted to have the leafy foliage visible. I had some die cut off cuts that I tucked into my main cluster, then adhered some gauze tucked under the edges of the cluster. To finish off and add an elegant touch, I coated Feathery Flourishes Mini in gold acrylic paint, and adhered to each side of the cluster.
You can see that I mirrored the cluster with a second one on the diagonal corner of the project, along wth a tied ribbon bow. This is a slightly smaller cluster, to compliment the large cluster without competing with it for attention.