I started to get out my fall and halloween decorations this week and thought how fun it would be to make up a cute haunted house to put up in my entryway with a few of the other fun GSLC projects that i have made. I had lots of fun little chippies to use to decorate it too and it really went together pretty quick. Keep reading for quick directions on how i created it.
1. So to begin my project i cut out all the pieces that i thought i might use and layed them on my project and took a picture. This way after i paint and all of that i know where to put them back just in case.
2. Then take the back of the house and trace it on the front of the paper and cut it out. Glue it to the front and let dry. Then sand around the edges. Set it aside.
3. Take pieces of the pretty halloween papers and trace through the windows with a pencil. Cut around the pencil lines about 1/4 inch more so that you can glue it behind the windows when you are done painting. Set all of them aside.
4. Paint the whole front and sides with black paint and let it dry.
5. Take out lots of pretty colors in chalk paint and ink that match your paper and ink your little halloween chippies and let them dry. This goes really fast with chalk ink and you can shadow them if you want more depth on them.
6. Glue those pieces of printed paper to the back of your dry window tray. Let it dry. Then glue it down to the front of the back purple piece that you did in the beginning. Take your little chippies and glue them down to the front of the house like you see below. Add stickers and glitter on the chippies to make them sparkle. Add a twine bow in the tree to finish it.
7. Try using other things in your stash to see what kind of fun effect you can get on your project. I used stickles for the glitter and it came out really neat and a little bit more random verses thick pasty glitter. The distress stickles came out even better on the pumpkins.
All these little cuties came in the set called "Spooky Shape Set" and i have lots more to make up a few cards to send out to friends.
Aren't these 2 pumpkins so adorable?
And that is all there is to make it. You could even tuck in cute pictures int the squares from your trick or treating with the kids. How fun would that be to keep up for the coming years ahead!!
Here is a supply list just in case:
GSLC Display Tray House
GSLC Creepy Corners
GSLC Haunted House Oval
Papers by Doodlebug/ stickers
Paint: Americana Multi Surface Satin
Stickles in lime, orange and purple
Thanks so much for stopping by.....Teresa