This is a special project that I created out of products from both 7Gypsies Canvas Corps and GypsySoulLaser Cuts for a cross promotion. Each GSL designer received different products from 7Gypsies and were given free choice on GSL chippies to use. After looking at all the goodies that I was sent, I decided to create a Junk Journal using the fun blank book from 7Gypsies. (In case you wonder, the BC on the finished book are not my initials. I decided that this would be a perfect birthday gift for a friend. She's already received it and it's okay to share it with you today.)
To get started, gather up all your supplies that you might want to use on your Junk Journal.
My Supply List:
- Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Keys Engraved, D12Q - Contact Store
- Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Fashionistas: 1930, RB16
- Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Double Window Ornate, D32C
- Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Typewriter Set, D6C
- Canvas Corp Burlap Fabric
- Canvas Corp Blue Stripe Fabric
- 7Gypsies Blank Composition Creative Note Book
- 7Gypsies 12x12 Paper, Gypsy Moments Collection-"A Novel Thought"
- 7Gypsies Architextures Trinkets China Tea Cups
- Assorted 7Gypsies Architextures Treasures and Stickers
- 7Gypsies 8x8 Serengeti Paper Pad from my stash
- 7Gypsies Naked Tri-Fol Journal Cards from my stash
- 7Gypsies Vintage Journal Pages from my stash
- Nuvo Embellishment Mousse, Mother of Pearl, Black Ash & Indian Gold
- Black Distress Ink
- Black Fine Tip Sharpie Marker
- Scor-Tape & Glue
- Glossy Accents
- Crackle Accents
- Metal Hitching Post
- Clear Wink of Stella
- Jenni Bowlin General Store Stickers
- Paper Clips
- Charm Pin
- Prima Pearls
- Wood Initial Letters
- Assorted silk flowers
- Prima Tag Me Cartographer Tags
Let's get started!
Step 1: Select your chipboard pieces for the project. Use a damp cloth to wipe the laser residue from the edges of the chippies. Note: I chose to use only the back layer of the window for my project.
Step 2: Alter or paint the chipboard pieces as desired. My favorite is to rub Nuvo Embellishment Mousse on to the pieces with a damp baby wipe. I added gold to the window, key and key hole.
Step 3: Use a black Sharpie marker to paint the typewriter.
Step 4: Place the lady chippie face down on the back side of patterned paper and trace the shape for the dress. Cut out with scissors and a craft knife.
Step 5: Use black distress ink to lightly add a darker color to the gold chippie pieces.
Step 6: Place scor-tape on the center of the front and back cover of the blank book. Peel the tape backing off.
Step 7: Cut or tear a strip of fabric and attach to the front and back cover as shown on to the scor-tape. Make sure to leave long enough tails for tying the book closed.
Step 8: Color the lady's face and legs with the Platinum Embellishment Mousse and color her hair and shoes with a black Sharpie. Begin layering your elements and attaching with glue to the front of the cover.
Continue to add elements and flowers. Add rhinestones, small notes and other elements and stickers. Also add a hitching post to the top of the window frame if desired.
Step 9: Use a clear Wink of Stella pen to add sparkly to some areas especially on the chipboard elements.
Step 10: Add Glossy Accents to the window frame and allow to dry.
Step 11: Once dry, add Crackle Accents to the window frame. Allow to dry over night or several hours to achieve a nice crackle.
Step 12: Add pockets, torn pieces of papers, stickers, stamp stickers, tags etc. to your pages on the inside of the book.
Your Junk Journal is finished! Use the fabric "ribbon" to tie it closed.
I hope I've inspired you to check out the products that you can find at 7Gypsies and Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts for your next project. I will be back on October 4th with another GSL project. Until then...
P.S. Please visit my blog/website for more of my craft creations at www.sandytrefger.blogspot.com