Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Phone and Tablet Charging Station by Gloria

Good morning! It's Gloria and I am sharing a "super cool" phone and tablet charging station tutorial today! While I only have a "dumb" phone, the rest of my family has smart phones, and I do have a tablet that is need of charging. Who wouldn't want a pretty charging station?! When GSL came out with the Tablet/Ipad/Phone Holder, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!

I combined the NEW Tablet/Ipad/Phone Holder with the Hidden Drawer Book Box to make a storage and charging station.
I used GSL chipboard elements (see supply list at the end of the post) along with Graphic 45 Communique and Typography collections to decorate the station. Since I am not planning to use the project as a viewing station, I decided to decorate the front as well as the back.

A Graphic 45 drawer pull made the perfect handle for my (not so hidden) drawer!

I attached the Tablet/Ipad/Phone Holder to the Hidden Drawer Book Box with strong glue so that it would be very stable. 

The Miniature Photo Reel makes a great rotatory telephone piece!

The back of the station is also decorated. Plus, the station is raised up on 4 little feet, made from bingo tiles!
I love this quote by Rutherford B. Hayes, 19th President of the United States, who said, "The telephone is an amazing invention but who would ever want to use one?" I used the lightbulb with my "fake Rutherford" inside to make a joke about "great ideas."  

I used a chipboard decoration to act as the cord holder for when the phone or tablet is charging. 

You simply feed the cord through the holder and around the side to the phone. I love how pretty AND functional this project is!


The charging station can hold two smart phones, or one smart phone and one dumb phone, as shown here.
The station also holds my Ipad Air. My Ipad is in a case, but there is still enough space in the holder part to accommodate it!

For the step-by-step tutorial, visit my Snapguide below.

Check out How to Make a Phone Charging Station by Gloria Stengel on Snapguide.

Thanks for looking! Find all these wonderful chipboard items at the GSLCuts Store! Find amazing Graphic 45 papers HERE.


Supplies:
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts: 

Graphic 45:
Typography Paper Collection (retired)

Other: 
Ink: Ranger Distress Gathered Twigs
Mini brads: craft supply
Bingo tiles: Tim Holtz
Tools: Circle punches, Crop-a-Dile, bone folder, sanding block, sponge dauber
Adhesive: Gel Medium, Ranger Glossy Accents, Scor-tape

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm in absolute LOVE with your AWESOME phone charge station, Gloria!!! It's beyond charming and completely fabulous!!! What incredible inspiration, my friend!!! thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete