Sunday, April 17, 2022

Spring Lantern by Rachel Harries

 

Hellooo, for my post this fortnight Im embracing spring and being slightly less grungy and having a lighter touch. This project is incredibly versatile and the lantern could hold all manner of displays as. well as some LED lights, I shall be adding some small Easter eggs to mine for Easter weekend.
So I started off by assembling the Cage Style Lantern

I used a strip of tyvek as the door hinge and then gave everything a good coat of white gesso, I also added some art stones.

I then added some sand texture paste to places on the lantern.

I then painted a rust effect in the places I had added the texture paste, I then added a little crackle paste in areas too.


I then took some Fern Fronds , Wild Flowers and Hypericum Berries and painted both sides.


I also couldn't resist adding a bit of bling to the Hypericum berries.
I then for want of a better word Squished the foliage  elements into a bit of air dry clay so I could have the free standing in the lantern.
I popped my foliage in the lantern and added a few of the art balls onto the air dry clay to blend it into the base.
I added some Sari ribbons through the top and tied them in a bow and there it is .






Ive used;
Various Acrylic paints
Adhesive 
Sand Texture paste
Crackle paste
Antiquing Gel
bling
Sari Ribbons 
Tyvek 











1 comment: