Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Where Do We Go From Here?A Peek-a-Boo Projects All Grown Up-Part 1

 As we begin a new year many often reflect on the year gone by, to weigh what was, goals realized, magical memories made,  the good, the bad; the ugly. 2021 was a year of changes for us, we were skeptical homeowners, wanting to get out of our charming, but in need of repair 1930's brick Cape Cod house in Catonsville, Maryland. We doubted we would ever be able to move into a more suitable condo for our needs. But through incredible circumstances and an amazing realtor agent we managed the impossible in May we moved to our single level ranch condo, just seven minutes from my middle school job.

We returned to full in person learning  this school year, with interruptions made by close contacts and student needing to quarantine for days or weeks depending on the mandate at the moment. I said last year was my most challenging in my 32 years of teaching, I was wrong. This school has proven to be even more challenging as we try to get our student back into a routine and practicing social norms.

My foot is finally one hundred percent healed as I changed podiatrist when we moved and they immediately started me on a new regime of skin grafting. I was unable to attend our largest art show as it was on uneven terrine and my foot could not be forced to endure those conditions. But we have had two very successful shows. Former customers are commenting on how my artwork has become so much brighter. It is amazing what the natural light in our condo has done to evolve my art.      

Many of you ask where I get my creative inspirations, many of them come from my love of nature and a desire to try to be unique and not copy other artist but further my brand. I love to Upcycle my Peek-a-Boo Projects and use them on my Hand Bound Treasure Books and Alter Boxes.

I will be posting my "Top Ten Peek-a-Boo Regenerations of Favorite GSCL Products"

10. My favorite GSLC Frames are often used on my book covers and boxes.

GSLC-Arabian Triptych, GSLC-Reliquary-Arch TopGSLC-Triptych-Arch Top, GSLC-Triptych-Tower Tops

9. Fern Fronds, Ginkgo Leave, Mushrooms were fantastic  additions to these project.

GSLC Fern FrondsGSLC Ginkgo LeavesGSLC Mushrooms Shape Set

8.The picture patchwork tiles make a great addition to book covers also.

 Patchwork Tiles-Peek-a-Boo Project-GSLC     

  

7. The Tribal Tidal Pools Project was the inspiration for this book cover.

Tribal Tidal Pools-Peek-a-Boo-Project-GSLC



6. The  coins from My Coin Collect make nice additions to many book covers.


My Coin Collection-Peek-a-Boo Project-GSLC         



No comments:

Post a Comment