Saturday, November 20, 2021

The King of Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! When I found this happy little turkey figure at my local farm store I knew he needed to be the Grand Marshal of the Thanksgiving day parade. He's gonna have a role in the centerpiece of our table on Thursday.

The first thing to do was figure out how to make him a float to ride on. The small box I used is from the GSL Mini Shadow Box Set and the larger one is a GSL Store Cabinet Base (available over at Alpha Stamps) that were easily assembled with tacky glue.

The paper on the small box is from Basic Grey Curio and the lovely autumn leaves are from BoBunny's Dreams of Autumn. I painted a set of GSL 1.5 Inch Straight Wheels and glued them in place, using yellow brads for the hubs.

Pumpkins, squash and gourds were made by painting dried putka pods which are sometimes used for vase filler. I also made a few polymer clay pumpkins.

I wanted yellow flowers for this project and ended up painting some white ones I had on hand. Autumn leaves were punched from colored sheets of cardstock.

The King of Thanksgiving needs a crown and I just happened to bring a tiny one home from our vacation in Portugal. It is 'interesting' to vacation with me... this was picked up on a walking food tour. “Hey, I'll catch up with you. I'll only be a minute in this very cool shop that nobody else wants to visit”.

Gluing the pumpkins and squash in place.

Here's a look at the rear of the float acknowledging it's sponsor. The Be Thankful sentiment is from Graphic 45's Time to Fluorish collection.

The 'headlights' are acrylic pumpkins. Happy Thanksgiving!


GSL Products Used

Mini Shadowbox Set

Store Cabinet Base

Wheels 1.5 Inch Straight

Other Supplies Used

Tacky glue

Acrylic paint

Basic Grey Curio

BoBunny Dreams of Autumn

Graphic 45 Time to Fluorish

Colored cardstock

Dried putka pods

Polymer clay

Brads

Paper flowers

Schleich Farm World turkey figurine

Miniature crown







 

No comments:

Post a Comment