Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Time Flies By-A Peek-A-Boo Project

It may have seemed this past year that we have been stuck in slow motion and that circumstances will never change. The new year has not brought the turnaround we’re hoping for and we once again may be feeling we will never see the light at the end of the tunnel or find our way to a new normal but I am going to try my hardest to hold on to hope and try to lift my spirits. These are the inspirations for today's artwork. 

  1. Use a paintbrush to quickly add Metallic Copper Lumiere Acrylic Paint to the GSLC Little Niche Pocket Watch.
2   2. Once it dry add texture and patina with dry brush technique using Golden Acrylic Paint. I used Titan Green Pale, Quinacridone/Nickel Azo Gold, and Green Gold.
  3. Assemble GSLC Little Niche Pocket Watch and glue together with Weldbond.
     4. Add included hanging portion so your creation can be displayed on a wall
  5. Choose decorative papers to add wallpaper and borders to the back portion of GSLC Pocket Watch Niche.
 6. Use Gold Leaf Rub'nBuff to Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts 2" Bird Cage.
    7. Choose an image to glue to back of GSLC Cage-I chose a decorative hot air balloon.
8  8. Add a bit of cardboard to keep birdcage from directly glued to background.
9  9. Paint Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Rose Border with  Metallic Russet and Metallic Rust Lumiere Acrylic Paint.
   10.  Add detailing and patina with Neon Pink and Green Acrylic Paint.
    11.Cut and glue GSLC Rose Border to front of GSLC Pocket Watch Niche.

Some Final Thoughts.

I have a collection of "show hats" each season we design a new top hat for me to wear at our art shows. They often gave a steampunk appeal. I  have always loved Miley Cyrus, I think she is a very talented singer. I like how she can see any genre of music. I think her song "The Climb" is a wonderful anthem for us as we press on in hope.

 I can almost see it

That dream I'm dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head sayin'
"You'll never reach it"
Every step I'm takin'
Every move I make feels lost with no direction
My faith is shakin'

But I, I gotta keep tryin'
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments
That I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep goin'

And I, I gotta be strong
Just keep pushing on

'Cause

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side
It's the climb

Yeah

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side
It's the climb

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Keep on movin'
Keep climbin'
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about — it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa, whoa, oh




Supplies:  Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Little Niche Pocket WatchGypsy Soul Laser Cuts-2 Inch Cage with Solid BackGypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Rose Border, Decorative Paper, Golden Acrylic Paint-Titan Green Pale, Quinacridone/Nickel Azo Gold, Green Gold, Metallic Copper Lumiere Acrylic Paint, Paintbrush, Weldbond, Gold Leaf Rub'nBuff, Cardboard Scrap, Metallic Russet and Metallic Rust Lumiere Acrylic Paint, Neon Pink and Green Acrylic Paint.

I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment