Thursday, January 2, 2020

Happy New Year . . .

There's always time for a 
New Year's Card.


Once Christmas is over and things begin to settle down
you can sneak away and create a 
New Year's card.

I found this adorable image on 
and had to use it.

Let's get started with some intricate die cuts from

My project began with this beautiful frame:


I dry brushed some Celery Green Americana
on the leaves only.


Once that dried,
I added 
Cosmic Shimmer Patina Paint.


As you can see from the photo
it's a bit chunky.
Love it!


Then added silver to the inside and outside
of the frame
with a Pen-Touch paint pen.
I don't use any other brand of paint pens.
These Pen-Touch pens NEVER dry up
like some other brands.
(end of commercial that they didn't pay me to do)


Next I added VersaMark to the leaves portion only,
followed by
Seth Apter's Vintage Beeswax.


Doesn't it look like ice?

Using Bronze Age Metallique Wax
I used my finger and applied some of the wax
over the leaves and silver portion
of the frame.


Next, the Catweed.
I use this die-cut so much!

 
Using my finger, I *painted*
Metallique Wax on top of the chip:

Lucky Emerald first,
followed by 
Vintage Silk.
I finished the Catweed by pouncing
Old Silver on top.


I wanted something for the inside of the card
and chose this clock and hands.

The clock was painted with my
Pen-Touch Silver paint pen.
The hands were *painted* by 
brushing (with my finger) Bronze Age
on top.


And here's the inside of the card,
ready for a hand written note.


On the outside lower corner,
I added flowers,
ribbon
and a pine cone ornament from Tim Holtz.


And it's ready to mail:


Thanks for taking a look at my blog post today.
Happy New Year to all!

Nancy Wethington

Gypsy Soul products used:

Flourished Frame Connie
Catweed Shape Set
Clock with Hands (coming soon)

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic I love the colors and techniques used. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete