Friday, May 25, 2018

Live in the Moment with Alicia Barry

I feel like I have been making lots of cards lately, so today I have created a pretty and delicate layout of my daughter instead.

I combined a number of chipboard pieces to create a focus point to frame my photo.  I believe that the frame piece was actually designed to be square, but I loved that it looked even more ornate turned on an angle. I combined this with flourishes to create the illusion of a full length embellishment.




I coated each of the swirl pieces in white paint first as this gives a far better vibrancy when color is added. I used a small paint brush to get into the small parts. You could also try using a sponge dauber for this, or go hands free and use paint sprays, if you are worried about damaging the small parts of the flourish. I used the same colour for the fern leaves. 


 I tried a few things with the title. First I primed with white paint. I used an ink pad first which on paper is a nice rose color, but on this came out far darker than I wanted, so I used pearlescent dimensional paint in soft pink. This gave me the additional bonus of textured paint. I simply "painted" it on using the nozzle. Remember that this will take longer to dry.


Once all my pieces were ready, this came together quite quickly. The main frame is lifted up on foam dots with the other pieces tucked underneath I fussy cut lots of floral pieces from patterned paper and tucked them under as well, making sure that the flourishes remained the focal point of the layout. This is also where I tucked in the fern leaves. 

I finished off with some small paper roses, and some tiny pearl paint drops. 

Supplies used:

No comments:

Post a Comment