Sunday, January 14, 2018

A Fairy Garden Craft Caddy


Happy Sunday everyone and welcome to our blog today.  It's Teresa here with a fun project to help get your crafty room organized for the new year.  I made one of these a while back and filled it to the brim with my craft tools so I thought I would get out some brand new papers from Graphic 45 and create a fun new one to fill.


Believe it or not purple is one of my favorite colors and this paper set has all of them. Purple, pink, aqua and blue so it was the perfect choice for my Craft Caddy.  I added Embossed Medallions and lots of flowers and flourished feathers to it to make the perfect Fairy Garden on the front and back.  Join me for a short tutorial on how I did it :)


First glue together your Craft Caddy and let it dry like I did above.  I use purple paint to coat the caddy both inside and out and let that dry too.  I also got out some chipboard medallions, die cuts for leaves and lots of flowers to go with my papers.  


After the paint is dried you can start to cut pieces of the patterned Fairy paper to cover the sides and the bottom of your caddy like i did above.  


While it is drying you can start on the medallions.


For the new flourish medallions i inked them in a light pink ink and then coated them really well with Aged Rose Embossing enamel from Stampendous.  It's a really fun powder with lots of texture and this is how they come out after you heat emboss them.


When they are cool you can glue them to the front of your Craft Caddy.


And to finish you can add a few of the cute cut outs that come in the collection along with lots and lots of pretty flowers and ribbons.  I even added chipboard feathers that i simple chalk inked and slid them under the flowers for more chippy texture.  It was super fun to make and i hope you will try one too.  Check out the supply list below to get started!  Thanks again for stopping by!!

Supply List:


Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Glue dots
paper trimmer and scissors
purple acrylic paint and a paint brush


No comments:

Post a Comment