Thursday, September 17, 2015

Rise and Shine or Have a Little Wine Cards

Hi chippie fans!  Barbara here with a couple of easy to make cards for you.  I think you will get a kick out of these.  I am an avid coffee drinker, and I like a glass of wine now and then.  So, these shape sets from Gina's Designs Lasercuts were right up my alley! Understanding that I am not the only one who appreciates a good cup of coffee or a fine glass of wine,  I knew they would make great cards.











Card 1 is obviously for the wine lovers.   I used Derwent Inktense blocks with a water brush to color the chipboard pieces from the Wine Shape Set.  However, the cork screw tip was colored with a silver marker, and the chipboard cork shape was covered with a scrap of cork paper on which I stamped "WINE" with black archival ink.  The card stock doily was added as a backdrop for the wine bottle and glasses, which I covered with a light coat of 3D Crystal Lacquer.  I die cut a vintage tag from a print paper, edged with Dusty Concord distress ink, stamped the sentiment with black archival ink, and adhered to the card.




Card 1

 A few close ups of those sections of the card.









As for card 2, I covered the coffee cup with print paper and added a scrap of corrugated kraft card as a coffee cup sleeve.  The spoon was inked with Versamark ink and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. I used white Inktense Blocks with a water brush to color the steam swirl.  I stamped "Rise and Shine" onto a flower print from the paper, colored "SHINE" with a white gel pen, cut it out and adhered to the card with foam dots.




Card 2

 A few close ups of this card are below.













Supplies used:




Card 1




Orchid card stock (10"x7" folded to make 5" x 7" card)


Magenta print paper


Cork paper (tiny scrap)


Inktense Blocks (Derwent)


Silver marker (Prismacolor)


3D Crystal Lacquer


Laugh Out Loud Wine clear stamps (Hampton Art)


Vintage Tag die (Magnolia)


Dusty Concord distress ink


Black Archival ink




Card 2



Cardstock Doily Set - Intricates


Kraft card stock (10"x7" folded to make 5" x 7" card)


Kaisercraft Botanical Odyssey print paper


Magenta print paper scrap


Corrugated kraft paper (scrap)


Good Morning clear stamp set (Inkadinkado)


Inktense Blocks (Derwent)


Frayed Burlap and Faded Jeans distress ink


Black archival ink


Versamark ink


Silver embossing powder


White gel pen (Ranger)


Foam dots



I hope you enjoyed my fun cards today.  Thanks for stopping by, and please be sure to visit Gina's Designs Lasercuts for more chipboard designs to use in your card making and art!



Have a wonderful and creative weekend!!!



Barbara






1 comment: