Monday, June 20, 2016

"An Evening in Paris" Tags with Altered Pages Stamps

Hello crafty friends....I have a confession to make. I'm deathly afraid of ruining a nearly completed project by smearing or otherwise messing up a stamped image! Does that make me a stampophobe??

I wanted to make the stamped images dimensional on these tags so stamping on separate paper and cutting them out worked perfectly These stamps from Altered Pages were so great to use that I actually DID stamp one small one directly onto my tag!!




I used Gypsy Soul's  Large Decorative tags as a base and covered them with patterned paper.

The stamps have so much detail and stamp really clearly. I love the little table with the wine and glasses.! I just coloured the images with markers. The Eiffel tower chipboard piece was run through an embossing folder with a checkerboard pattern then heat-embossed in gold.




For the second tag I fussy cut the stamped tower and coloured it with a gold metallic marker the heat-embossed it with clear embossing powder. The Gypsy soul cameo was painted with acrylic paint then also heat-embossed with clear. I ran the middle layer through an embossing folder first.




These tags were so much fun to make. As always, I loved working with the Gypsy Soul pieces. The stamps were also a pleasure to use and just may have helped me get over my stampophobia!!

Thanks a bunch for stopping by and Vive La France!!

Gypsy Soul Items Used
Chipboard Tags Decorative Large
Eiffel Tower 6 inch
Fashion Cameos

Other Items Used
Altered Pages stamps

K & Co paper
Recollections ink and flowers
Tombow markers
Lindy's embossing powder (gold)
Stampendous embossing powder (clear)

2 comments: