Friday, June 3, 2016

A Midsummer Faerie Theatre by Nichola

"Tis almost fairy time"

That line is from my favourite Shakespeare play, A Midsummer Nights Dream. It's the inspiration for my project this month, A Midsummer Faerie Theatre.


I haven't used glitter in the past couple of projects *gasps!* so I made up for it on this one. Even my little Titania, Queen of the Faeries, has glitter encrusted on her wings. The image I've used here is from The Graphics Fairywhich is an excellent source of quality free images by the way.


Inside the chipboard Stage there are glittery branches, moss, flowers, leaves, toadstools... all the good stuff.


This month Gypsy Soul is pairing with Altered Pages, who supplied us with these Muse Dragonfly rubber stamps. Now, I've got to be honest, I am not a stamper. I rarely use stamps so including them was a challenge for me. I've stamped the image on to thick card, cut out, then applied some gold embossing powder to the body of the dragon and damselflies. They're finished off with some glitter and tucked into those sparkly branches.


Gypsy Soul is also partnered with Xyron and I used their 3" Sticker Maker to not only add the trims you see on the piece, but also as an adhesive to apply embossing powder to the top bunting and moon.


If you'd like to see how this piece came together there's a video walk though of it's creation HERE. 


Thinking of making your own version? Here's a round up of all the supplies used:

Stage
Banner Border Strip
Gypsy Soul Shape Set
(available soon)

Altered Pages Muse Dragonfly Rubber Stamp
Xyron 3" Sticker Maker

Flat-Back Gold Star Studs - 12mm*
Mini Floral Dresden Borders - Antique Gold
1/2 Inch Pale Pink Paper Roses*
1/2 Inch Red Paper Roses*
Demon Box Feet*
Medium Pine Cones
Small Pine Cones
Art Nouveau Winged Women*
Nouveau Goddess - Raw Brass Stamping
Leaves from Petaloo Botanica Sugared Blooms
Vintage image from The Graphics Fairy
Acrylic paint
Spackling
ColourArte Twinkling H2O's
ColourArte Radiant Rain Mist
Twigs
Glue
Glitter
Embossing powder

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project, Nichola. Always love your dimensional pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Nichola! The stage is set; dreamy color scheme and twinkly nightscape. Amazing craftsmanship as usual. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME... love all the details, so much to take in!!!!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete