Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mothers Day Cards by Kim C.


Welcome everyone!  This week I have decided to make some cards for Mother's Day.  I wanted to keep them simple but elegant. I used some white textured cardstock for the bases of these cards.  I used paper from my stash.

The first card I used one of the intricate cardstock doilies, along with a medium garden fairy.  I inked the edges of the doily with Victorian Velvet distress ink to make it stand out on the paper.  I then sprayed the fairy with my homemade glimmer mist and then used clear embossing powder to give it a nice shine.  I then added some lace and pearl trim from my stash.  I also added a rose and some leaves and I then made a banner with the saying "Happy Mothers Day", which I also inked the edges of it.


My second card I used the Damask Singles, the medium size one for this.  I also used some of the negative pieces of the damask at the bottom.  I inked all the pieces with Victorian Velvet ink and then I added crackle accents to all the pieces.  I then added flowers and pearl sprays.  I also added pearls to all the corners and then to the banner on the front.



I hope you have enjoyed the cards I made.  I enjoyed making them and love how elegant they look.


Gina's Designs Items Used:

Other items used:
White Cardstock
Pattern Paper: Kitty's Scrap Post
Distress Ink: Victorian Velvet
Lace/Pearl Trims
Flat Back Pearls
Flowers/Pearl Sprays
Crackle Accents

Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!


Kim :)










1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful. I love the crackle effect on the chipboard, too!

    ReplyDelete