Wednesday, August 24, 2022

International Strange Music Day-A Peek-a-Boo Project.

This is Jon David Lowe for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts, I enjoy looking up unusual holiday to see if I can include them in my blog posts. Today, August 24, 2022, is as my title says  International Strange Music Day, a day that encourages people to listen to all types of music they don't usually listen to. It is a also a day to discover strange and bizarre kinds of music. "Madam Butterfly" by Malcolm McLaren is one type of music many may not know. It is the inspiration for this artwork. 

1.  Gather Supplies.

2.  Put Together GSLC ATC Shrine Box and Secure with Weldbond.

3.  Roll Out a Thin Sheet of Polymer Clay and Press into Plastic Wooden Texture Plate.

4.  Cut Panels of Clay and Adhere to GSLC ATC  Shrine Box with Liquid Clay.

5.  Brush Empty Areas with Liquid Clay and Sprinkle with brown Embossing Powders.

6.  Cure in Polymer Clay Oven.

7.  Build a Butterfly Body Totem In Middle of Cured Box Using Small beads for Eyes and Small Nails for Antennas.

8.  Paint GSLC Vine Corners with Shades of Green Acrylic Paints.

9.  Paint GSLC Royal Flourishes with Gold Design Cream.

10.                Attach GSLC Vine Corners and GSLC Royal Flourishes with Liquid Clay and Cure Again in Polymer Clay Oven.

11.                Use Glossy Accents to Attach Transparent Butterfly Wings to Butterfly Body.

12.                Add Patina to Art Piece using Dry Brush Technique and Acrylic Paints.

13.                Paint GSLC Gothic Cross Miniatures with Gold Design Cream.

14.                Attach GSLC Gothic Cross Miniatures with Golden Heavy Matte Gel Medium


 

Some Final Thoughts.

I enjoy a variety of music, Putumayo is a great starting place to discover different types of World Music. I have enjoyed their A Native American Odyssey,, Gypsy Caravan,  India Compilation, Louisiana Music Sampler, and Zydeco.

 I Have Favorite Female Vocalists, Tori Amos, Annie Lennox, Miley Cyrus, Tones and I, Natalie Merchant, Sinead O'Conner and Tracy Chapman.

 My Favorite music group is Over The Rhine, whom I have quoted many times here on my blog posts. I Like U2, REM, the Chieftains, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Moby, Gregorian, Rammstein,  and Grant Lee Buffalo.

 There are so many different styles of music for me to still discover. Tell me a few of your favorites.


Supplies:  GSLC ATC Shrine BoxGSLC Royal FlourishesGSLC Vine CornersGSLC Gothic Cross Miniatures, Weldbond, Polymer Clay, Plastic Wooden Texture Plate, Liquid Clay, Embossing Powders in Brown, Polymer Clay Oven, Small Golden Beads, Small Golden Nails, Shades of Green Acrylic Paint, Gold Design Cream Paint, Glossy Accents, Transparent Butterfly Wings, Golden Heavy Matte Gel Medium

I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment