Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Sacred Hearts A Stirring-A Peek-a-Boo Project


I have always been fascinated with religious icons and have used them in my artwork frequently. In this the month of Valentines I will be featuring the Sacred Heart and of Jesus, the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and the Chaste Heart of Joseph. They are slightly different in their designs and many artists have embellished them to their own liking or understanding. The Sacred Heart of Jesus normally has a cross piercing the heart, with burning flames and thorns. The Immaculate Heart of Mary has all the same symbols but sometimes a sword instead of a cross that pierces her heart and some sort of roses. The Chaste Heart of Joseph is normally a flaming heart encircled with lilies. These are the inspirations for this artwork.



1.  Gather Supplies

2.  Print Collage Set of Sacred Hearts, and Backs of Playing Cards.  Reimage to Fit GSLC Small Tags.

3.  Use Decorative Cut Scissors to Cut Out Sacred Heart Images and regular scissors to cut Playing Card Backs.

4.  Use Lace Art Foamie and White Gesso to print one Side of GSLC Small Tags.

         
5.  Paint the Other Side of GSLC Small Tags with Gold Design Cream.
   
Use Weldbond to Attach the Sacred Hearts and Playing Card Backs to the Prepared GSLC Small Tags.
To Add Patina, use a Brayer to Roll on Brown and Green     Acrylic Paints. To Add Further Patina Dilute Brown Acrylic

8.  Add Red and Blue Pearl Dots in Patterns of your choosing.

   

9.  Use a Blue Highlighter to Add Random Bits of Blue to your GSLC Small Tags.

Some Final Thoughts.

I’ll never love as Jesus did and sacrifice what he did. I’m a simple man who tries to share loving kindness with all I meet. I’m not meant to change the world in grand ways but in smaller encounters along my pathway of life. I want to always be mindful of those who love me more than I deserve and have unconditionally treasured me in my stumbling ways. I am blessed by a husband who encourages me in my art and talks me through my cranky places.

This poem by Hannah L gives words to my thoughts.

                        


Thank You

For Loving me TRUE,

For Being No One but you,

For Holding my Hand,

And Helping me Stand.

Thank You

For Never Giving Up

And Never getting Stuck

In the Dark Places

Where Only Love Shines.

 

Thank You

For the Kind Letters

That make me Feel Better.

For Putting up with me,

And Loving What you see.

 

Thank You

Now and Forever,

Remember, I’ll Never

Stop Loving You.

What I say is True;

I Mean it from my Heart,

Even when It’s Dark.

I LOVE YOU.

Thank You


 

Supplies:  GSLC-Small Tag Set, Lace Art Foamie, Collage Set of Sacred Hearts, Printed Backs of Playing Cards, Decorative Cut Scissors, Design Cream Gold, White Gesso, Paint Brush, Weldbond, Brown and Green Acrylic Paint, Brayer, Wash of Diluted Brown Acrylic Paint, Red and Blue Pearl Drops,

 

 

 

 

I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment