Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Little Red Riding Takes a Different Path-A Peek-a-Boo Project


 As I have mentioned before "Into the Woods" is one of my all-time favorite musicals. In this Month of February, I'll be honoring LRRH and her song I know Things Now.

Mother said, "Straight ahead"

Not to delay or be mislead

I should have headed her advice

But he seemed so nice

And he showed me things

Many beautiful things

That I hadn't thought to explore

They were off my path

So I never had dared

I had been so careful

I never had cared

And he made me feel excited

Well, excited and scared

When he said, "Come in!"

With that sickening grin

How could I know what was in store?

Once his teeth were bared

Though, I really got scared

Well, excited and scared

But he drew me close

And he swallowed me down

Down a dark slimy path

Where lie secrets that I never want to know

And when everything familiar

Seemed to disappear forever

At the end of the path

Was Granny once again

So we lay in the dark

'Til you came and set us free

And you brought us to the light

And we're back at the start

And I know things now

Many valuable things

That I hadn't known before

Do not put your faith

In a cape and a hood

They will not protect you

The way that they should

And take extra care with strangers

Even flowers have their dangers

And though scary is exciting

Nice is different than good

Now I know: Don't be scared

Granny is right, Just be prepared

Isn't it nice to know a lot!

And a little bit not

Songwriters: Stephen Sondheim


1.  Gather Materials

      2.  Print LRRH Book Covers Re-imaging to fit GSLC              Chunky ATC Blanks.

    3.  Cut and Glue Covers to GSLC  Chunky ATC Blanks.

    4.  Cut and Glue Decorative Pictorial Papers to Back of GSLC Chunky ATC Blanks.

    5.  Use Black Sharpie to Edge the Prepared GSLC Chunky ATC Blanks.

                     

    6.  Use Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide and  Small Plastic Pallet Knife to add Patina to Chunky ATCs

    7.  Use Small Plastic Pallet Knife to Add DecoArt One Step Crackle to Front of ATCs.

    8.  Once Fully dry Use Colored Pencils to Fill in Cracks, then Seal with Matte Gel Medium.

    9.  Resize LRRH Covers, then  Print, Cut and add to Inside of GSLC CHUNKY ATCs.

    10.                Cut Paper and Parchments to Make Pages for Miniature Books.

    11.                I Added 21-24 Pages to Each Book and Held them Together  with a Clip.

    12.                Using a Ruler with Spaced Holes to Add Holes to Covers.

    13.                Drill Holes with Hand Drill.

    14.                Use Spiral Wire Binder to hold Books Together. Cutting off Excess Wire with Wire Cutter.

Some Final Thoughts.

The origins of the Little Red Riding Hood Story can be traced back to 10th century Italy, written by Charles Perrault and a later version by the German Brothers, Grimm.

The original 'Little Red Riding Hood' story was considered to be a disturbing tale of deceit and cunningness. Later on, many sanitized stories were released for the sake of children.


I like that Little Red Riding Hood can teach us many lessons and remind us not to be fooled by Wolves in Sheep's Clothing or even Grandmother's. I also like things are not always what they seem and sometimes the wolf is not the one to blame and pretty is often only skin deep. Let’s be willing to look at both sides of the story.

Supplies:  GSLC Chunky ATC Blanks, Printed LRRH Book Covers, Scissors, Weldbond, Black Sharpie, Scraps of Pictorial Papers, Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide, DecoArt One Step Crackle, Small Plastic Pallet Knife, Colored Pencils, Matte Gel Medium, Paper and Parchment for Book Pages, Clips, Ruler with Spaced Holes, Drill, Spiral Wire Binder, Metal Cutters

I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment