Friday, December 28, 2018

Secret Santa Extravaganza



Happy Holidays everyone! Yours truly participated in Secret Santa exchange at work and lavished my intended with a creative gift using Large Hidden Drawer Book Box from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.



Products used: Graphic 45 Children's Hour 12x12 & 8x8, Graphic 45 Christmas Magic Collection 8x8, Corrugated 12x12 card stock, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Hidden Drawer Book Box Large & Small, Beacon glue, Tim Holtz Ground Espresso ink, double sided foam tape, white chalk paint, stiff bristle paint brush and Canvas Corp Black & Ivory French Script card stock 12x12
I did free hand traces of the the front/back cover, outer spine and outside/inside of hidden drawer of the book box before assembling with Beacon glue. I often ink the edges of my paper for a more polished look as well as to hide some of the cutting flaws. For the faux book pages, I measured the parts to be covered with the corrugated card stock after assembling (for a more accurate fit). After cutting the measured corrugated pieces, I used the distressed ink first to give a more vintage affect; then dry brushed white chalk paint over the ink.


I also utilized G45 Christmas Magic Ephemera cards to decorate the front/back cover of the Book Box, fussy cut elements to compliment the card scenes & used double sided foam tape to pop up the layers.


For the book spine, I decided to use a sprig of greenery held on by a clothespin and added a small piece of chipboard on top of the pin with a Holiday greeting to finish the look. I liked using a typography cardstock to give the allusion of book pages.

I had some leftover scrap - so I made a card companion.



No comments:

Post a Comment