Thursday, June 4, 2015

Sweet Summer Layout




Hi, Kathi here to share with you a layout
I have created for Gina’s Designs today.

I am sharing some summer warmth by using
the sweet summer shape

set on this 12 X 12 layout.

The layout
came together easily once I decided the color scheme I wanted to use - blues and greens! All the
chipboard was painted with white gesso. Once the gesso was dry I painted the chipboard
pieces using distress paint by Tim Holtz.




On the sun I used mustard seed distress paint going light in the center
and darker on the ends of the sun rays to give it a contrast look. 






 The sandbox frame was painted with green distress paint and the pail & shovel blue to match the large pail & shovel.  On the large pail and shovel I applied stickers from the paper 




line after the blue distress paint was dry.





 Some of the flowers I used were sprayed with a Color Wash spray. and then the arrangement was then glued down with hot glue. I added another title to the bottom center from the paper line.






On the sweet summer title, I use both white, blue & green distress paint.




 On the umbrella I used white, blue and green to create the separate colors of the umbrella. I defined the panels by using a dark brown fine line pen.





Thanks for stopping by today!







Gina's Designs Supplies Used:








Thanks for stopping by - please stop at:





No comments:

Post a Comment