Thursday, April 16, 2015

Sweet Summer




Hi everyone! Melissa here with a 12 x 12 mixed media layout for Gina's Designs.


 I love how the chipboard fits the summer season so well. There are some for the beach, backyard, a picnic, or camping. I also used one of my favorite items of Gina's, a beautifully cut daisy. I have used them on several projects. 


I prepped the all the chipboard with gesso. I used oil paint on all of them except the daisy, which is watercolor over modeling paste. I put some paste on and made lines in it with a straight pin.


I used pictures from the internet as references to paint the rest of the chipboard.


I added crackle paint on the lemon. I put some blue chalk on with a brush to show the cracks.


On the pitcher I added some glitter glass. To show lemonade pouring, I used texture from the stencil, yellow flowers, glitter, and rhinestones in a stream of glossy accents.
















Thank you so much for looking, and I hope you can find a little time to create something today!





Gina's Products Used:







Other Products:


Papers by Graphic 45, Prima, Bo Bunny, UHK Gallery,and Tim Holtz


Flowers by Prima and Petaloo


Sizzix Tattered Flower Garland


Twinkling H20s


Winsor and Newton Oil Paints and Watercolors


Crafter's Workshop 6 x 6 Doodling Template, Cherry Blossoms


Liquitex Modeling Paste


Ranger Crackle Accent


Crayola Glitter


Stickles


Perfect Pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment