Monday, May 18, 2015

As Good As It Gets


Hi from Lynne! Every so often I enjoy creating a layout about a movie or actor that I like. "As Good As it Gets" is a favourite of mine, and the quote I included is my favourite line from the movie.






The film reel is from the Say Cheese shape set and I liked the way its round shape added contrast to the other elements on my page, which tend to be more square or angular.






I painted all the chipboard items with silver acrylic paint then sponged them lightly with soft blue ink.






The main character in the movie was a writer, so the stenciled alphabet and the white notepaper are symbolic of that. He also had OCD and could not stand to walk on the lines of brick or stone walkways, so I thought the bits of brick were an appropriate touch...not to mention that I LOVE the brick wall piece and have been dying to come up with the perfect page to use some of it on!!





When you're in the mood to scrap, but want a change from the usual family photos, why not try scrapping about a movie or actor you love. It's a fun way to capture something about yourself and your interests, and a great way to incorporate some of the many great pieces of chipboard you can find in Gina's store!





Gina's Designs Items Used

Brick Wall

Say Cheese shape set



Other Items Used

papers and clock hands from Scraps of Elegance April kit

colorbox ink

Prima and Tim Holtz stencils

Prima resin feathers

1 comment: