Sunday, May 3, 2015

An Owl Appliqued Notebook with Mary B


Hello!  Mary here with a fun way to cover your chip.




 One of my favorite ways to use chipboard die-cuts is to recreate the look of an applique in a quick and easy way!  This owl from the Owl Micro Mini Album is the perfect size for the front of this journal I've created.  I've simply covered the chipboard pieces with a thin layer of tacky glue, applied my fabric and trimmed each piece out before layering them together to create my faux applique!




 Here's a peek at the little guy all close-up and personal.  I love him and he brings this simple journal cover to life!




Thanks so much for joining me today and I'll see ya next time!





Gina's Designs supplies used:






Other supplies used:


chipboard cut to size for the covers


denim fabric


tacky glue


coil binding system and 3/4 inch coil


white cardstock


buttons and thread


2 comments: