Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Naked Love-A Peek-a-Boo Project

From my last post you know my husband and I are polar opposites but in him I have found my true love, he is organized neat and tidy, I am hot mess and totally disorganized. I tend to be more optimistic, he is more logical. I'm easily distracted, he fiercely focused. I never watched Science Fiction, he a lover of all things SciFi. I'm a horrible shopper and gift giver, he always finds the best most special gifts and enjoys shopping. I want to be there fast, he enjoys the journey. We both are quiet introverts but have extrovert jobs. Both of us are creative and kind. We treat others as if they matter and are favorites at places we frequent. We HATE drama and steer clear of it at all cost and say make your choices and and live with the consequences, come what may. I am beyond blessed and thankful for my special valentine.

The title is a bit cheeky and not at all what you might suppose. It is the inspiration of this artwork.


  1. Gather Supplies.
  2. Create Digital Design of your Downloaded Images- Mine are Human Nature from Etsy
  3. I Removed Backgrounds, Changed Sizes, and added Vintage Postcard Backgrounds.
  4. Print You Digital Designs.
  5. Cover with Ranger Glossy Accent Dimensional on Both Sides to Secure Ink Jet Images. It Gives it a Tissue Linen Effect. 
  6. Use a Plastic Spatula to Squish Painted Finish Moss Effect, Golden Green Gold, and Titan Green Paints on Top Frame of GSLC Layered Frame.
  7. Spray with Cheap Hair Spray
  8. Sprinkle with Powdered Grass, securing agin with a Second Coat of Hairspray.
  9. Cut Out Prepared Images and Secure to Bottom Frame with an UHU GlueStick.
  10. Add Fluorescent Green Paint to edges and back o this Portion of the Layered Frame.
     

  11. Now use the UHU GlueStick to Secure Bottom Portion to Frame’s Top Portion.
  12. Hold Securely Together with Clamps until Fully Dry.
  13. Use Heavy Gel Matte Medium to Add Flower Embellishments.

Final Thoughts:

Love is not always the erotic or sexual sort, to have “Naked Love’ one must be willing to bear one’s soul to your partner, to be vulnerable and intentional in you desires.  To know their secrets, their hopes their fears, their strengths and weakness, to protect them from all others and not use them against your soulmate.

“To share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable; to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength.”

~Criss Jami~

“Nothing makes you feel more naked than someone identifying a desire you never knew you possessed.”

~Jeff Zentner~

You know you found love when you can’t find your way back.

~Robert Breault~

Love is not finding someone to live with; it’s finding someone you can’t live without.

~Raphael Montana Ortiz~

We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

~Sam Keen~ 


I’d Want You to Be My Love

~Over the Rhine~

I want you to be my love

I want you to be my love

‘Neath the moon and the stars above

I want you to be my love

I want you to know me know

Break a promise, make a vow

I know you want me now

Like I want you 

I all all of you

All you’ve been through

I want you to be my love



Supplies:  Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Layered Frame *Coming Soon*, Painted Finish Moss Effect, Golden Green Gold, Titan Green,  Fluorescent Green Paints, Digital Downloads, Digital Manipulated Images, Ink Jet Printer, Ranger Glossy Accent Dimensional Medium, UHU GlueStick, Scissors, Paintbrush, Plastic Spatula, Cheap HairSpray, Powder Grass, Clamps, Heavy Gel Matte Medium,Flower Embellishments


I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!


No comments:

Post a Comment