Monday, February 20, 2017

Salvaged Heart Reliquary

Hi Everyone,
Jess here with a little shrine for you.  I have to tell you that I am REALLY bad at taking photos when I am creating.  I sit down with good intentions every time and then about 3/4 of the way through I say many swear words for forgetting to take photos, yet again.  
Here are a couple shots of the completed project.  I just love how the chipboard can take layers and layers of paints and inks.  


I painted the back panel using Ten Second Studios Patina Paints.  I stippled some Dina Wakley Umber around the area where the heart sits.  The top of the piece is painted with cheap craft store paint in a pale turquoise.  I added Perfect Pearls to make it darker in areas.  I topped the whole thing with Stained Glass paint in Aqua from Tattered Angels.  The back piece is very flat.  It looks like aged metal.  The top has a very fine gloss to it.    
The heart and flame are from Relics and Artifacts.  I covered the heart with tissue wrap and used a gel medium to adhere it to the heart.  I painted the flames with various metallic colors and used the Umber paint to dull it a bit.  The heart has various distress colors on the side and then a coat of the Stained Glass Paint.  The front of the heart has gold Perfect Pearls on it.  

I promise to take more pictures for my next project!



Reliquary- Arch top

No comments:

Post a Comment