Friday, July 10, 2020

Twist and Pop Halloween in Wonderland Card


Have you tried to make a twist and pop ?  gave up ? Me to!  Then I discovered Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts already made mechanism.






I applied the adhesive as pictured on the package (on both the front and back of the mechanism).




The next step was to cut a 12" x 6" piece of cardstock and fold it in half.  Mark 3" with a pencil  inside the fold.




 Cut two 5 7/8" x 5 7/8" pieces of patterned paper and adhered them to the inside panels.




Put the mechanism on the bottom piece of patterned paper making sure the tip of it as at the 3" mark and even with the bottom edge. Take the tape off and fold the top piece of paper down. Press on it to
make sure it's adhered.  Open the card and duplicate that process. ( I used a small clip to help hold it in place.)




When the card is opened the mechanism should pop up and look like this:




I made four embellishments. The largest piece is 1 3/4" x 3 1/4", the next is 1 3/4" x 3",  and the smallest is 2 5/8" x 2 1/8".




Popped up each of the three pieces with Stampin' Up Dimensions.




I put solid colored cardstock on the top of each panel and then the embellishments on top of the cardstock.




This is the front of the card (these pieces are also popped up).




The first set of  panels:




The second set of panels.




The piece at the bottom of the opened card is a pocket in case the giver wants to add
a message or money.




The back of the card.




I love this card because the "pop and twist" is pre-made.  It's a good start for my Halloween projects!


Materials used for this card:

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts  Pop and Twist mechanism

Graphic 45 Halloween in Wonderland paper

Tiny pearls from my stash for the eyes ( it would be fun to use tiny goggle eyes)














1 comment:

  1. I love this and paper choices. I read your directions but my brain cannot still make this work. I’m not an engineer when it comes to this

    ReplyDelete