Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Brass Butterflies or Disguised Dragonflies-A Peek-a-Boo-Project

I've always been intrigued by Art Deco images, Alphonse Mucha is by far one of my favorites. I remember seeing ornate vintage hand mirrors in many antique stores, these are the inspirations for this project. This by far is my shortest tutorial to date.

2.    I used Clear Embossing Ink Roller and Allure Embossing Powders in Baked Texture, Mercury Rising and Weathered Wood to color each of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Botanical Journaling Blocks.


3.    Cure with heating tool, I was sure to do both sides as it helps them from buckling and easier to layer.
4.    I used Clear Embossing Ink Roller and Metallic Brass Embossing Powder on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Scribble Dragonfly Frame.

5.    Cure with heating tool, I was sure to do both sides as it helps them from buckling and easier to layer.
6.    I used a small paintbrush to add details using Golden Acrylic Paints-Vat Orange, Teal, Pyrrole Red, Green, Indian Yellow Hue.
7.    Once everything was dry I layered and glued into place using Weldbond.
8.    Be sure to press flat using a heavy object of your choosing. I often use a Ziploc plastic bag filled with kitty litter or sand.



Some Final Thoughts.
I've never done a tutorial with such few steps, but I am surprised at the incredible layers I was able to create using such few products and steps. I see butterflies when I look at these Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Scribble Dragonfly Frames. I like how art can show us different perspectives. Whenever I look at Mucha's artwork I am transported to a wonderful world I can only visit in my imagination. May you find your heart lifted as you see art in your everyday world.
"Dragonflies are reminders that we are light, and we can reflect light in powerful ways if we choose to do so." Robyn Nola
"Reflected in the dragonfly's eyes-Mountains" Kobayashi Issa
Having flown the earth for 300 million years, dragonflies symbolize our ability to overcome times of hardship. They remind us to take time to reconnect with our own strength, courage and happiness.
 

 
 
Supplies:  Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Scribble Dragonfly FrameGypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Botanical Journaling Blocks, Clear Embossing Ink roller, Allure Embossing Powders-Baked Texture, Mercury Rising, Weathered Wood, Metallic Bronze Embossing Powder, Heating Tool, Golden Acrylic Paints-Vat Orange, Teal, Pyrrole Red, Green, Indian Yellow Hue, Paintbrush, Weldbond, 

I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment