Sunday, May 10, 2020

A Tribute to my Aunt

Hello friends!  Leigh Ann here for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts today.  I will be showing off this beautiful tribute to my aunt today.  I used the Scissors Wall Decor as my base for this project.  My aunt is who really started my love of crafting as a young child... back when crafty wasn't cool.  She taught me how to sew and use a glue gun when I would visit her house.  I can fondly remember sitting at the table making wreaths together when I was only 7 or 8 years old.  I still think about her often when I'm creating and I'm looking forward to having this piece displayed near my desk.


To get started I covered the main piece of the scissors with Prima Paper Texture Paste and then sprinkled on a couple of embossing powers in brown and gold.  I let this air dry over night and then used my heat gun to melt the powders the next day. 


I fussy cut several floral pieces and a few butterflies from Prima's Apricot Honey A4 pad.  I took the Small Brick Wall from Gypsy Soul and cut it into a rough shape.  I then whitewashed it with gesso.  I coated it enough to accept paint, but not enough to lose the color of the chipboard.  I then began to assemble everything.  The first thing I glued down was a piece of cheesecloth slightly larger than my brick wall piece.  Then I attached the brick wall, the fussy cut flowers, resin flourishes, a long resin keyhole towards the tip of the scissors, and tons of paper flowers.  I also tucked some sisal into the composition.  I used soft matte gel to add art stones to the cracks and crevices.  



When the composition was dry, I added a light pink paint over the textured chipboard and resin pieces.  I also brushed everything with Prima wax in Old Gold.  I then splattered the entire piece with pink paint splatters as well as white gesso splatters. I also dry brushed white gesso onto the flowers and paper pieces to have them a lighter more coherent look.



I hope you have enjoyed this piece!  I used the following products from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts on this piece:
Scissors Wall Decor
Brick Wall  Small

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful. How nice to have an aunt who inspired just fantastic creativity.

    ReplyDelete