Thursday, April 16, 2020

This one doesn't close either . . .


 I'm a bit of a paper arts junkie.
And as such I create minis for myself that never close.

In fact, it's struggle to create kits for
The Button Farm Club
that do close!

 For this project I used a 

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts 

that starts life looking like this:


When closed it measures
3.75" x 4.75"
perfect to use a 6x6 paper pad
or scraps from leftover projects.

For this, I chose a 6x6 paper pad from
Kaisercraft


and as you can see from the photos,
I dry-brushed the edges of the tri-fold
with cream colored acrylic paint.


 Then I started to wallpaper the tri-fold panels,
adding magnets to each of the inside top flips.




After that it was time to decorate.
I chose a couple of the 
Gypsy Soul Laser cuts
to help with the decorations.

The photo below shows the

Gypsy Soul also has one a bit larger.

I added lots of layers to this piece using

Iced Spruce Distress Paint
Prima Rust Effect Paste in Yellow, Moss & Red.
The Rust Effect Paste has texture within the paste!


The next photo shows a 
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts 
locks & key sets
(coming soon)
As you can see from the photo
these pieces are laser engraved
so all kinds of wonderful 
nooks & crannies.


For the keyhole, I used the same Rust Effect Paste
with more of the Moss & Yellow colors.
After I made sure it was thoroughly dry,
I lightly sanded the keyhole
to bring out the detail.

The Gypsy Soul Laser Cut butterflies
are from the
(I used two of the butterflies in different sizes.)

This butterfly was painted with
Iced Spruce Distress Paint
and while the paint was wet
I sprinkled with
Weathered Wood Embossing Glaze.


I adore the Feather Set from
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.
They're so intricate!
I used Copper embossing powder on this feather.


Now on to adding these elements.

For the cover:



and the inside panels:





These are chipboard flowers I found in my stash.
You can see the original color on the right.
I added watercolor pencils to the flowers
to give them a bit more color.



Thanks for visiting with me today.
Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

See you next time with another
project.



The Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts I used in today's project:





Locks & Keys Engraved Set
(coming soon)








1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic. I love the patina on the pieces. Thanks for sharing your techniques and recipes

    ReplyDelete