Saturday, April 4, 2020

Marble Easter Egg Niche

Happy Saturday, everyone! I have a colorful Easter project to share with you today using a GSL Little Niche Easter Egg.
It comes in two parts; the front egg shape and a half inch deep niche. It also comes with a wall hanger. I started by painting all of the edges of the front piece with white acrylic paint. 
I used the front as a template to cut out three different color egg shapes from a ms. sparkle & co. marble paper pad. Marble Easter eggs are my favorite! These were glued in place using tacky glue.
The paper I chose for the niche is from Graphic 45's Botanical Tea collection. After assembling the niche, the paper was glued in place and held with craft clips while the glue dried.
I chose a bird's nest and some eggs from the GSL For The Birds set. The eggs were embossed in pastel colors and the two piece nest was painted. I used white for the base and iridescent pearl for the nest's overlay. 
I chose one of the cute bird houses from the For The Birds set, painted it white and finished it with kaleidoscope transparent embossing powder from Stamp-N-Stuff. Dots of Ranger Liquid Pearls outline the roof. 
I raised the bird house up a bit using foam tape and glued the nest to the front of the piece. The only things left were to tuck in a chenille chick and glue the wall hanger on the back. 
Thanks for stopping by!

GSL Products Used

Other Supplies Used
Tacky glue
Acrylic paint
ms. sparkle & co. marble paper pad
Graphic 45's Botanical Tea
Embossing powders
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Chenille chick




1 comment:

  1. I love the marbling effect and pastel color scheme. Great project

    ReplyDelete