Tuesday, April 28, 2020

beautiful authentic life...a journal


As with most of the nation, these days I find myself sequestered at home. Although this creates a mixed bag of emotions, I find myself appreciating the little things I see outside my window. This is the inspiration behind today's project for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts. I have created a tribute to the emergence of spring in the form of a small journal.
  I begin with the GSLC mini house album.
This set contains six small house shaped chipboard pieces.
 
Next, using collage medium as an adhesive, I covered one side of each house with old dictionary paper. When completely dry, I cut any overhanging edges with an exacto knife, then adhered the paper to the back sides of the houses in the same manner.
Each papered side is coated with a layer of clear gesso. After the gesso is dry, it is time to begin adding details. I start with Paper Artsy fresco finish paints. Using the dry brush menthod, venice blue is applied leaving areas of the dictionary text to show through. Wild grass is painted along the bottom of each of the houses. Each of the pieces is painted on both sides, allowing time to dry in between layers.
While the painted pieces are drying, I die cut various wildflower shapes from watercolor paper. These pieces are then colored with a water brush and distress inks. 
The flowers are added to the different pages using collage medium.
Using a foam sponge, I lightly apply paint to each of the pages using a rays stencil to create the look of sun shining down upon the beautiful scenes. I make sure to keep the paint light so that it does not overpower the appearance of sky and also allows that dictionary pages to show through.
When the paint is dry I add various rub on words to each panel.
Following are some close-ups pictures of the journal.

I hope that you all are managing alright through these trying times. 
I look forward to the days when we will be able to gather once again, giving hugs to those we love.
Thanks you so much for taking the time to stop by today, 
I truly appreciate it.
~Ann
 xxx


Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts used:

1 comment:

  1. This is stunning your techniques and composition are exquisite. I love this so much! Makes me want to take a walk in your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete