Thursday, March 5, 2020

A kiss from a rose . . .

is one of my favorite songs ~ ever!


This adorable cluster reminded me of that song.
and is a new addition to the

Measuring just 3.5" x 3.5"
it would make a perfect addition to a scrapbook page
or
an enclosure card.

I decided on a 4" x 4" enclosure card
with one of my favorite color combos,
blue & brown.

We know embossing powder is magic 
and
this embossing powder is really magic!

I'm using Hidden Color Embossing Powder
with
VersaMark.


Hidden Color Embossing Powder
takes on the background color of the paper or ink
that you use
and adds copper to it.

I stamped this Cluster with VersaMark
and sprinkled the 
Hidden Color powder on top.
Heat set as usual with embossing powder 
and . . . 


you can see that the kraft color shows
with subtle shades of copper mixed in.
Love this!

If I would have used purple ink,
it would have been purple with subtle copper showing thru.
Pretty Cool!

When adding skinny pieces like this Cluster to cardstock,
I always use
Designer Dries Clear adhesive with the metal tip.

There's a reason.



When you use the adhesive, no matter how careful you are
there's going to be some oozing of the glue.
It happens.
Most wet adhesives will dry with a shine.

But not this one - it really does dry clear
every. single. time.

The photos above show the ooze,
even though I was careful with that tiny tip.

Here's the after photo of the adhesive dry.
Absolutely no shine.
Can't even tell I used wet adhesive.


Thanks for visiting with me today.
See you in a couple of weeks.


2 comments:

  1. Love this technique and want to totally try it. Great project and wonderful instructions

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Nancy. I love the idea of Hidden Color embossing!

    ReplyDelete