Saturday, December 7, 2019

Christmas Tea Party Tag Ornaments

Happy Saturday, everyone! Connie here to share some festive holiday ornaments I made using the GSL Stagger Tags Small.
I used the smallest of the tags, it's 2.5 by 3.5 inches. The paper I selected is DCWV Winter Basics. I used the tag as a pattern for tracing. 
I cut paper for both the front and back from the same collection and used a hole punch to add the hole for attaching ribbon later. 
Once the papers were adhered to the tag using tacky glue, I sanded the edges with a fine grit sanding block and inked them with galaxy gold Brilliance pad. 
I wanted to fill the tiny porcelain cup I used so mixed up a small portion of Ice Resin that was colored using a tiny bit of burnt sienna oil paint. 
I made Christmas cookies by cutting small squares of beige polymer clay, baking them for a few minutes, browning the edges with chalk pastel and painting white acrylic 'frosting' on top.  To fancy them up, I printed small images of edible wafer paper cookie transfers and glued those in place. I actually made these exact cookies in real life a few years back with a friend!
I painted a GSL Snowflake Shape Set Mini with white acrylic paint to sit underneath the tiny plate of holiday cookies. 
The final touches include a napkin made from scrap of fabric tied in ribbon with a mini candy cane tucked inside and a plate of polymer clay sugar cubes and lemon cane slices. 
Since this turned out so cute, I made another.
And then a Harry Potter themed one. 
 Thanks for stopping by!
GSL Products Used

Other Supplies Used
Tacky glue
E6000 glue
Acrylic paint
Hole punch
DCWV Winter Basics paper
Polymer clay
Fabric scrap
Polymer clay cane
Miniature pottery
Ice Resin
Brown oil paint
Printed images
Fabric scrap
Ribbon














1 comment:

  1. Your miniatures always amaze me! These are delightful and look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete