Saturday, October 19, 2019

Vampire Mini House

Happy Saturday, everyone. Halloween is fast approaching and I am in full spooky crafting mode. Today I am sharing a vampire-themed project I made using the GSL Mini House Room Box with 4 Cubbies.
Here are the bits all laid out.  If you take the time to do this with 3D structures, assembly goes very quickly.  The adhesive I used is tacky glue.
I painted the walls and ceiling of the cubby rooms with black acrylic paint. The attic space was covered with Paper Studio wood grain paper for the ceiling and Paper Studio brick paper for the back wall. The bats in the attic are puffy stickers from Paper House (love them!).
I chose four different papers for the back walls of each cubby from my stash of scraps. The floors were covered with a black and white dot paper from Echo Park's Chillingsworth Manor. I chose a Vlad Dracula image for one cubby, backed with a bit of foam tape to bring the image a bit forward. 
With Vlad already in place, I added a Bela Lugosi Count Dracula image adhered to an oval glass cabochon with Diamond Glaze, a cross charm set off with a small brad, and a small framed mirror.

The other elements I used for this vampire-related piece include a vampire skull (skull bead embellished with polymer clay fangs on top a spool of silver chain), wooden stakes (toothpicks painted brown), a small bottle of holy water (resin) embellished with a scrapbook paper cross, a dollhouse brick decorated as a box of wooden bullets and a rope of polymer clay garlic. 
For the roof, I painted GSL Chipboard Shingles - Pointed – Painted in the same black paint and cut them to size. They were then glued to the roof in a staggered pattern. 
 Thanks for stopping by!

GSL Products Used

Other Supplies Used
Tacky glue
Black acrylic paint
Printed vampire images
Diamond Glaze
Paper House puffy bat stickers
Paper Studio wood grain and brick wall scrapbook papers
Echo Park Chillingsworth Manor paper
Cross charm 
Mirror
Various vampire-related doo dads









1 comment:

  1. Thus is fantastic! I love it very much!! The colors are rich and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete