Sunday, October 13, 2019

Haunted House Halloween Card

Hi crafty friends!  Leigh Ann here on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog today with a not too spooky Haunted House Halloween card. 



I picked a house from the Haunted Houses Set and gave it a coat of black gesso. 


While the gesso dried I created two alcohol ink backgrounds on Yupo paper.  I made a small piece with 2 yellow alcohol inks and the yellow alcohol pearls.  I adhered that behind the window cutouts in the chipboard piece.  The other background I made with purples and blues starting with the lightest in the center and working out to the darkest in a circular shape. 



I used a silver wax by Prima to give the chipboard a distressed look.  



I adhered the chipboard haunted house to the larger purple alcohol ink background and then adhered it to a card base.  Finally I embellished the card using an assortment of flowers, twine, and ephemera.



And there you have it- A cute and not too creepy card perfect for everyone this Halloween.  I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!  I used the following set from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts to create this card:
Haunted Houses Set

1 comment: