Sunday, September 8, 2019

Cousins Layout

Hi everyone!  Leigh Ann on the blog today with a 12x12 layout featuring a Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts piece as the background layer that pulls the entire page together.  I'm attending a retreat this weekend so I've been making tons of pages.  This was my favorite use of chipboard so I am sharing it!


I started by adding splatters of gesso to the background paper and then also adding some modeling paste through a stencil. This gave me a general idea of the shape I wanted on the layout.  Next I cut the medium brick wall chipboard into a shape with rough edges that followed the shape I had created with the gesso and modeling paste.  I left some of the bricks in the wall for added texture as well.



The collection I am using has a white base color so I simply gave the chipbaord a coat of white gesso. 



I attached the chipboard to the layout with liquid adhesive and then layered my embellishments and photo on top of it. 



I used the following Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts chipboard piece on this layout: Brick Wall Medium Sheet

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute. I love seeing cousins playing together

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this in person and it was such a great layout.

    ReplyDelete