Thursday, May 2, 2019

Anatomy of a Mini Book Cover . . .


Hi Everyone. Here we are in the month of beautiful flowers, birds, butterflies and bees, all busy in the garden. And a nature book immediately comes to mind for me. This mini-album was designed by our fearless leader, Gina Hubbard of Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts. It's gorgeous inside with 2 pockets and 2 minis. But that's not what I'm going to show you here.


I've used several Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts to decorate the cover. The first is this beautiful layered frame, Bella Oval (#C7A).


I used two colors of paint for the frame:

  • Background is Prima Chalk Paint in Eggshell 
  • Top layer is Prima Chalk Paint in Egg Blue
Once the paint dried, I added a coat of Cosmic Shimmer Patina Moss Paint. This paint has tiny particles that really give any element a grungy look.


Once the paint was dry, I sprayed the frame background and then added a Tim Holtz stamp in Archival Coffee.


Using a leftover piece of paper, I trimmed it to an oval and stamped an image with a Stamperia flower stamp, again using Archival Coffee.



Setting that aside to dry, I turned to the feathers. The Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts feathers are so intricately detailed. Using 2 sizes from the Feather Shape Set (#YB7), I painted them with Cosmic Shimmer Patina Moss.


Enter a butterfly! Using 2 different butterflies from the Butterflies & Dragonflies Shape Set (#D69A), I painted one with Patina Moss and the other was left as is (chipboard color) except for the body. Then I layered one on top of the other.


Putting it all together, everything was layered on top of the latest Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts mini book. I tucked flowers in here and there and added a layered image of a bird and nest.





Thanks for taking the time to visit today.

Want to see more of this album?

Visit my blog:

It's brand new and coming soon on the
storefront.

Look for the
Bracket Edge Booklet

For this project I used:

and the coming soon
Bracket Edge Booklet



1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful, it’s like a walk in nature. You have captured the springtime colors in their finest!! Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete