Sunday, April 28, 2019

Scrapbook Layouts Using Chipboard

Hi crafty friends!  Leigh Ann here today on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog showing you how I used my chipboard to accent a couple of 12x12 scrapbook layouts!


For my first layout I used the Catweed Shape Set.  First I coated the chipboard pieces with white gesso, then I took it way back and used two green colors of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.  I gave them several coats, blotting and drying in between, until I achieved the look I wanted. Once dry I assembled my layout.  You should be able to achieve this look with any green mica mists. 



For my second layout I used the larger piece from the Henna Doodles 2 Set.  First I coated it with gold color bloom spray, then I used the mint color Art Alchemy wax over the entire piece.  Once dry, I cut it into 3 pieces and used the ends on my layout.  I still have the large middle flower for another project. In the close up you can see that I also splattered the color bloom spray on the page behind where I planned to place my chipboard.  This helps bring out the gold undertone and tie everything together nicely.


I hope you have enjoyed these ideas for how to use chipboard on scrapbook layouts and will be inspired to try it yourself!  I used the following Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Products on these layouts:

Catweed Shape Set
Henna Doodles 2

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful use of the chipboards in these layouts. Great colors too

    ReplyDelete