Saturday, April 6, 2019

Giraffe Manor

Happy Saturday, everyone! I'm here to share a fun little matchbox project I just finished – Giraffe Manor. It's an actual hotel in Nairobi that I'd love to visit someday. It has a herd of resident giraffe who like to peek into the hotel windows hoping for a treat. Here's how it came together using a GSL Peaked Roof Matchbox, available at Alpha Stamps.
I folded the matchbox along it's score lines. The papers I selected were Graphic 45 Time to Celebrate, a Paper Studio sky and a Tim Holtz burnt orange. All were cut to size to fit the interior. 
I inked the edges of the paper using a Ranger Distress Ink Pad in Vintage Photo and painted two of the GSL House Ornament Window Trim windows in a white acrylic paint.
Those windows were backed with a soft green from the same G45 collection. To mimic vines growing up the side of the building, I glued some green Flower Soft in place.
For the outside of the matchbox, I chose a green leafy paper from BoBunny's Dreams of Autumn collection. I had a scrap of chipboard I had saved from the GSL House JewelryPieces (I save everything...) and used it to frame a giraffe image I cut from the back side of a package of BoBunny Noteworthy Die Cuts (told you I save everything...). I painted the chipboard with Quinacridone/Nickel Azo Gold paint.
Here are all the components glued in place and waiting to dry. 
I added a small plastic giraffe peeking through the window and square brass beads on the bottom for feet.
Then added a scrap of gold trim along the roof line and finished the piece off with a brass star.
 Thanks for stopping by!

GSL Products Used
House Jewelry Pieces

Other Products Used
Tacky glue
Graphic 45 Time to Celebrate Patterns & Solids
BoBunny's Dreams of Autumn
Paper Studio sky scrapbook paper
Tim Holtz burnt orange scrapbook paper
Ranger Distress Ink Pad – Vintage Photo
White acrylic paint
Quinacridone/Nickel Azo Gold paint
Green Flower Soft
Square brass beads
Gold trim
Brass star
Small plastic giraffe


1 comment:

  1. Magically miniature. So beautiful and bright. Fantastic project!

    ReplyDelete