Thursday, April 18, 2019

Creating Junque Journal Ephemera . . .


I am so into junque journals right now. And creating ephemera, pockets and tuck behinds are so easy with the help of Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.

After tea-dying some tea bags, I'm using those as pockets and adding various pieces of ephemera to the front of the tea bag. Wanting to use something as a *tuck behind*, I decided to use one of the flowers from the Henna Doodles I Set.


This set has become one of my *go-to* sets. Flowers, hearts, doodles - this set has it all. This didn't even need to be painted. I simply pressed a VersaMark ink pad to the front, doused it with Adirondack Red Pepper embossing powder and heat set. Super easy!


The next tea bag used a floral spray and heart from the same Henna Doodles I set.


Starting with the heart, I again added VersaMark on top of the chip and then poured Sparkle & Sprinkle Black Magic embossing powder on top. Heat set and this beautiful color came up.


For the swirly flowers, the stems were painted with Prima's Rust Effect Paste (Dark Olive). The texture on the chipboard is really cool.


Then I mixed a dot of Stampin' Up! reinker with Prima's Art Alchemy Linen Impasto. As long as both are acrylic (water based), they'll mix perfectly. I wanted a light color blue-ish color and this worked well.


The final result after adding Stickles to the tiny seed dots on the flowers:



For the last little ephemera doo-dad, I used Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Artist Trading Coins. These are sturdy chipboard pieces that are 2.5" diameter disks.


This one uses the *inner heart* from the Henna Doodles I (this would normally be a throw-away piece but it came out of the center of the heart beautifully so I had to use it).

For this coloring I pounced some Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink on my craft mat and sprinkled with water. Then painted it onto the heart.


Using leaf stems from the Doodles Set 1, I painted them with the same Art Rust Effect Paste from Prima.


After the Dark Olive dried, I edges the leaves a bit with Dusty Art Extravagance to give them a bit of highlight.


The berry stem was first painted with Linen Impasto paint . . .

followed by the Dark Olive Rust Effect Paste. The berries were topped off with Ice Stickles.


Thanks for visiting with me today. 


Hope to see you on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Facebook page.


2 comments:

  1. Really beautiful and intricate super nice project

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an amazingly talented lady. Love this Nancy. I can't wait to see these Junque Journals you're creating up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete