Thursday, February 7, 2019

Ready for Valentine's Day

Hi Everyone. Today I have a mini-book cover ready for Valentine's Day photos.


Because this book is all about gorgeous flowers, I wanted to use this beautiful Lace Frame (D120) and gussy it up a bit with embossing powders.


The first layer of embossing powder was Queen's Gold from Ranger. Once that was heated through, I added a layer of Seth Apter's Vintage Beeswax. 
This stuff is amazing!
With larger crystals than normal embossing powder, it allows the powder to *build up* and acts just like bees wax - without having to melt any wax.


I adore butterflies and love to add them whenever I'm using flowers. This one is a favorite from the Butterflies & Dragonflies (D69A) collection. Wanting a sparkly butterfly, I first dipped it into Sparkle n Sprinkles Harvest Moon. Once that was heated, it took a second dip into Seth Apter's Vintage Beeswax.


The flowers and ribbon were added to the front of the album
and then I filled in with one of my fave *fillers*, Catweed Shape Set (D46B). 
The only thing I did to the Catweed was pounce some Distress Ink on top.
Once dried, I added it behind the flowers to fill in empty spots.


You can see it tucked behind the butterfly in the photo above.


And the cover is complete. Just add photos for a very special
Valentine's Day.

Thanks for visiting today. See you later in the month.

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts used on this project:

3 comments: