Saturday, February 16, 2019

Miniature Bakery Cart

The GSL Square Shrine Shadow Box has a one inch facade at the top. I've used these before to make miniature storefronts. For this project, I flipped it upside down in order to turn it into a miniature bakery cart. 
The shadow box comes in 6 pieces; top, bottom, sides, back and the facade. It is easily assembled using a bit of tacky glue. 
The paper I used for the front is a Paper Studio white brick scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby. I used the front facade piece as a template for cutting the brick paper to size.
The interior wall paper is from Graphic 45's Cafe Parisian collection. I used a few scraps of wood grain paper for the floor and ceiling. They were all glued in place prior to assembling the shadowbox.  Once the glue was dry, I flipped the front facade over and used an X-Acto knife to cut along the inside edge to leave an opening.
I painted a GSL Branch and one of the GSL Stackable Label Shapes with off white acrylic paint. 
The branch was glued inside the box as a bit of back wall decoration. For the display table, I cut a tongue depressor to the size I wanted and selected two miniature wood ball finials for the table's feet.  These were also painted off white.
I painted a set of GSL 1.5 Inch Straight Wheels with black acrylic paint and glued some pretty brads in their centers. The two rear wheels were glued onto axle mounts that were painted off white.
Here is the table set inside the cart. I cut a cafe menu from a sheet of Graphic 45's Cafe Parisian paper. It was set in place on top of foam squares. 
I got out my polymer clay, paper clay, miniature pastry molds, polymer clay cane slices, paint, glitter and miniature dishes to fashion some fun pastries. 

The Boulangerie Patisserie sign was also cut from a sheet of Cafe Parisian paper. I adhered it to the stackable label with a foam square. A few miniature flowers were added as embellishment. 
 Thanks for stopping by!

Gypsy Soul Items Used


Other Items Used
Tacky glue
Acrylic paint
Paper Studio white brick scrapbook paper
Graphic 45 Cafe Parisian papers
Foam squares
Brads
Tongue depressor
Wood ball finials
Polymer Clay
Paper Clay
Miniature pastry molds
Polymer clay cane slices
Miniature dishes

2 comments:

  1. Very clever and I am always impressed with your clay work!! A really fun and beautiful project!!

    ReplyDelete