Sunday, January 27, 2019

Our Happy Life

Hi everyone!  Leigh Ann here for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.  Today I am showing how I used altered chipboard in a 12x12 scrapbook layout. 



My first step was to cover the Bella FrameFlourish  with Prima Rust Effect Paste.  I started with the dark brown color and covered the frame completely.  Next, I used the less textured yellow to add some highlights.  I finished up by blending the yellow with the dark orange heavily textured paste.  



While the rust paste was drying, I distressed the edges of a 12x12 piece of pattern paper and covered it in a coat of clear gesso. 



While that was drying, I picked out my background layers, distressed them, and cut the photo to size.  Once it was dry, I sprayed the background with a gold shimmer spray and applied some pearl texture paste under the area where I would be placing the paper layers. Next, I stapled the background pieces together so that I could slide embellishments under them.  I adhered that to the 12x12 paper, then added my photo, popped up with a layer of fun foam.  I then adhered the rusted frame around the layers and photo. For texture, I tucked some pieces of cheesecloth that I had sprayed with a brown spray under the photo and around the frame.  I also adhered the pattern paper to a 12x12 piece of white cardstock to help keep it from curling. 



I chose a Tim Holtz Ideaology key for the top right corner of the page and used the same steps with the rust paste to distress it. 



Lastly I embellished the layout around the left side of the frame and the top right corner to create three areas of interest drawing the eye towards the photo.  I used various flowers, chipboard and leaves from the Prima Amber Moon line, twine, crystals, and sequins as embellishments. 





   
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and had a great crafty day!  

I used the following Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts frame to complete this layout: Flourished Frame Bella

1 comment:

  1. I love the rust effectcpatina on the frame and find the colors soothing and very complimentary. Another great project.

    ReplyDelete