Monday, January 28, 2019

Do Something Splendid - Book Box

Hello and happy Monday, this is Yolie kicking off the week. Today I am sharing the Hidden Drawer Book Box altered with one of my favorite paper collection.

GSLC has two sizes of the Hidden Drawer Book Box, I used the small size that measures 4 1/4" x 6 1/4". Before altering, I detached all the pieces and with a damp paper towel cleaned off the soot left behind from the laser cuts. 


Next, I gathered up papers, stickers and chipboard from the Little Women collection by Graphic 45. Hands down one of my favorite collections. I used Beacon's Power-Tac to assemble the box and Mod Podge Matte spray to adhere the paper.


Before assembling the box, I measured the inside and outside panels of the drawer and trimmed the paper to size. I inked all the edges with a dauber and black ink. I then assembled the box and used Beacon's Power-Tac to glue down the pieces. I held the front panel of the drawer with 2 binder clips and allowed to dry for 5 hours.

I used Mod Podge Matte Spray to cover the box and once dried, I attached the handle to the drawer and decorated the front panel of the box.
I used a resin flower layered on gold string and surrounded by black rhinestones and gold dome embellishments.

Inside the drawer, I included a couple of pockets and tags.


I need a Hidden Drawer Book Box for each of my favorite books. The challenge is finding the paper. 


I hope you enjoyed today's project and I leave you with Jo's full quote:

I’d have a stable full of Arabian steeds, rooms piled with books, and I’d write out of a magic inkstand, so that my works should be as famous as Laurie’s music. I want to do something splendid before I go into my castle—something heroic, or wonderful—that won’t be forgotten after I’m dead. I don’t know what, but I’m on the watch for it, and mean to astonish you all, some day. I think I shall write books, and get rich and famous; that would suit me, so that is my favorite dream.
Supply List:
Hidden Drawer Book Box Small Item D165C

Graphic 45 Little Women Collection
Beacon Power-Tac Glue
Mod Podge Matte Spray
Westcott Non-stick scissors
Black Ink
Dauber
Binder clips
Pop-Dots
Embellishments
Mini drawer handle

1 comment:

  1. Another stunning project!! So amazing and inspiring!!!Fantastic details

    ReplyDelete