Saturday, December 1, 2018

Miniature Gingerbread House Decorating

Happy Saturday, everyone! Here is a miniature gingerbread house decorating scene I made for the holidays using the GSL 1 to 12 Gingerbread House and GSL Tile Top Table.
I started with making two of the wee gingerbread houses. They come with the floor, four walls, two roof pieces and some teeny tiny little windows (which I didn't use for this project). 
I assembled the walls to the floor using tacky glue, then painted it a brick acrylic color. 
To give the gingerbread a little depth of color, I rubbed the edges with pastel chalks. 
To add icing 'snow' to the roofline, I applied white Scribbles dimensional paint with a toothpick.
The tile top table comes with a top, bottom, sides and a small piece that goes in the center to separate the drawers. It also has a rectangular inset piece that goes on top to hold the tiles. 
The drawers come in five pieces each; the bottom and four sides.
After assembling it with tacky glue, I gave the entire piece a coating of gesso before painting the entire thing with white acrylic paint.
The drawers got a lining of paper from the Bo Bunny Dear Santa collection and drawer pulls made of small red brads that were glued in place.
You have the option of either electing to use GSL Half Inch Tiles or real ceramic tiles. Since I had some of those in my stash, I decided to use them. They were simply glued onto the top of the table within the inset.
The pastry bag was assembled with some white polymer clay, scrap of wax paper and a small section of the serrated blade from an empty roll of aluminum foil rolled into a tube.
Sparkly candies for the roof were made from dots of red, green and white Stickles Glitter Glue. The peppermints are slices of a polymer clay nail art cane. I had the miniature candy canes in my stash, as well as the mini cookie cutters I tucked into the drawer.

 Thanks for stopping by!

Gypsy Soul Items Used

Other Items Used
Tacky glue
Gesso
Acrylic paint
Pastel chalk
Ceramic tiles
Bo Bunny Dear Santa paper
Brads
Polymer clay
Miniature bottle, dishes & cookie cutters
Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue
White Scribbles
Nail art peppermint cane








No comments:

Post a Comment