Monday, December 10, 2018

Merry Little Christmas layout

Hi crafty friends! I love the Christmas season and enjoy preserving Christmas memories in scrapbook layouts. The photo here was in a Christmas card from my cousin a few years back, of her twin sons and their younger sister. Don't they look festive in their Santa hats?




The colours in the photo coordinated beautifully with this Bazzill Basics paper collection that I won in an online challenge last year, so I used several of the patterned and solid papers on this page.


The adorable snowman was fun to finish-after priming him with white acrylic paint, I used my Marvy snow pen, which is activated with a heat tool after applying to the chipboard. It really is cool to watch it bubble up! His hat was finished with Ranger black sparkle embossing powder.




The snowflake border is so delicate and pretty; I kept the finish simple-after priming it with white acrylic paint, I painted a coat of pearlized paint over it. Compared to the shade of white of the snowman, I found the paint a little TOO white, so I rubbed it lightly with  translucent stain and liked the final effect much better. I added some clear gems to the centers of the larger snowflakes. Be sure to use a soft brush when painting this piece, as it is quite delicate.


I had pulled a Christmas tree shape from my chipboard stash, but then decided I didn't want to add any green to the mix, and I'm glad I didn't-I love the gold embossed reindeer with the other colours.



I hope you get some wonderful photos of your Christmas celebrations this year an are able to preserve them in layouts, mini-albums, altered frames, etc to make the memories even more special! Enjoy your festive preparations! xoxo

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED
Christmas Shape Set
Snowflake Border
Flourished Deer, miniature-contact store re miniatures

OTHER ITEMS USED

Marvy snow pen
Ranger embossing powder-black sparkle
Versamark Ink
white chalk ink
Fiskars border punch
Plaid transparent stain. sepia
Bazzill Basics Nordic Pines

No comments:

Post a Comment