Sunday, December 23, 2018

Let It Snow Mini Album

Hi crafty friends!  Leigh Ann here today with a mini album that I have created using the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Snowflake Edge mini album and the Carta Bella Let It Snow line. 


Before beginning to create my album, my first step was to prepare the snowflake edge and the snowflakes that I used on the cover.  I  painted them with white acrylic paint, and then heat embossed them with a clear sparkle powder. 


On the cover I coated the chipboard with a thin coat of liquid adhesive and laid my paper on top.  I then cut it to size with a craft knife and inked the edges with Distress Ink in Faded Jeans.  I followed these steps to begin each page as I worked my way through the book.  I also inked all paper edges with the Faded Jeans ink. 

I used a 3x4 cut apart from the paper collection, a couple of pieces of ephemera, chipboard stickers, and the chipboard snowflakes that I prepared with the album edge. It is difficult to see in the photo, but I also enhanced the flower, the let's snuggle chipboard, and the centers of the background snowflakes with Nuvo drops in Gold Coast.


The next spread features a chipboard banner and space for a larger photo on the left.  The right side has one of the 4x6 cut apart cards tucked into a small pocket.  I created the pocket simply by adding score tape to the left, right, and bottom of a strip of paper cut to the size of the page. 


The next spread has a vertical pocket on the left side with two 4x4 cut apart cards.  I added the Gold Coast Nuvo Drops to the top card, and stapled a ribbon pull tab to the bottom card to add detail.  On the right side I have a photo mat with a cluster of embellishments.


The next spread has a vertical belly band with three cut apart cards tucked inside.  I added ribbon pull tabs to two of these cards.  In order to maximize the space available in the belly band, I cut the strip of paper 1/2" longer than the height of the page and scored it at 1/4" on both ends.  I attached it to the background paper with score tape prior to adhering the background to the chipboard. The right side of the page is another photo mat with embellishments.


The next spread has a wide vertical pocket with two 4x4 cut apart cards inside.  I added a ribbon pull tab to the top card. The right side has a 4x6 card used as a photo mat. 


The last spread has a simple photo mat on the left and a horizontal belly band holding a 4x6 cut apart card and two 4x4 cut apart cards.  I created this belly band the same way by cutting the strip of paper 1/2" longer than the width of the background and attaching it with score tape prior to adhering the background.  I embellished one card with a ribbon pull tab, and used the Gold Coast Nuvo Drops to accent the others. 


For each spread I made one side a more simple photo mat, while the other side had some type of interactive photo mat.  I also switched up which type of page was on the left and right throughout the album. 

On the back, I just adhered a piece of paper and added a sticker from the paper collection. Once I finished embellishing the album, I used a Crop-A-Dile to punch one hole in the top left corner of each page.  I attached the pages with a small binder ring.  I used approximately four yards of ribbon and three yards of twine to cover the binder ring. 



I hope you have enjoyed this mini album tutorial and gained some great ideas for creating your own album.  I used the following Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts items to create this album:

Snowflake Edge Mini Album: Coming Soon
Snowflake Shape Set

Happy Crafting and Merry Christmas!
Leigh Ann

1 comment: