Saturday, December 15, 2018

Drive-In Movie Theater Tablet Holder

Happy Saturday, everyone! When I saw the GSL Tablet/Ipad/Phone Holder it's shape reminded me of a drive-in movie screen, and I was inspired to personalize it for my daughter for Christmas.
 The tablet holder comes in three easy to assemble heavy chipboard pieces. 
After gluing paper to the base, I used an x-Acto knife to remove the paper from the assembly slits and inked the edges.
I painted two small wooden blocks with a gray acrylic paint. These are going to provide a bit of additional support to the tablet.
I used Tim Holtz Idea-ology papers as well as the cheesy dancing concession snack intermission logo for the front, which I outlined in black dresden trim. The fun thing about this project is you could personalize it for anyone! The movie screen image could easily feature a screenshot of the recipient's favorite movie with the marquee on the back advertising it.

The rear was finished by gluing the marquee in place, supported by a stir stick painted black. The gray blocks were glued in place for stability.

Speaking of the marquee... it couldn't be easier to personalize. I found a marquee generator at this link and typed in my daughter's favorite cheesy movie title with a double feature of her favorite cartoon show.
A drive-in movie needs a few customers! I clipped the connector rings off of a few car charms and painted the wheels with black nail polish. After the tires dried, the cars were painted with Liquitex light body metallic paints. 
The cars were parked onto a strip of grass green wool felt sheet using E6000 glue.
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Gypsy Soul Items Used 

Other Items Used
Tacky glue
E6000 glue
Acrylic paint
Tim Holtz Idea-ology scrapbook paper
Green wool felt sheet
Car charms
Black nail polish
Lumiere paints
Dresden trim
Half inch wooden blocks
Coffee stir stick
Printed images







No comments:

Post a Comment