Sunday, December 9, 2018

December Daily 2018

Hi everyone!  Leigh Ann here for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.  This post is going to be a little different than my usual tutorials.  Today I am going to show a couple of ways I used Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts in my December Daily Album.



On this page I used several chipboard snowflakes along with some snowflake and chunky gold glitters to make a shaker pocket.  



To prepare the snowflakes, I coated them with two coats of white Distress Stain.  Once that dried, I used my finger to rub random patches of platinum texture paste to give the snowflakes some shine and depth.  My album is a fairly distressed style so I didn't want them to be a perfect stark white.  This technique fits in perfect with my other pages.



On another page, I used the "believe" circle outline chipboard piece attached to a tag to fill one of the 2x2 pockets. 



To prepare this chipboard piece, I started by dry brushing it with some red craft paint.  When the paint was dry, I used a soft brush to apply a very small amount of gold Perfect Pearls to give the chipboard some shine. I used a liquid adhesive to attach it to a tag from the paper collection and placed it into the pocket page. 

These are both super quick ways to bring texture and thickness to any pocket page layout to make it look like a special project.  I like all of my pages to have special details that pop, but sometimes that isn't realistically manageable for time's sake.  Simple additions like these ideas help give every page a special touch. I hope these have given you some inspiration to add some chipboard to your December Daily or Project Life albums this week!

I used the following Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Products:
Snowflake Shape Set Minis
Word Elements 1

Thanks for stopping by!!
Leigh Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment